MacColin of Glenderry
Light your match.
From the gun resting but to the ground, picking up to march.
- 1. Pick up your gun by the great screw
Holding onto the gun by your left hand,lift up gun, with right hand grab
the gun behind the gate thumb on the left side of gun, release left
- 2. Shoulder your piece.
- Place your gun on your left shoulder,
with your left hand grab the thumb notch in the stock, release your right
hand). From there you march or move on.
- Now in formation.
- 3. Pick up your piece by the great screw.
- Once again with the
right hand fingers behind the gate thumb on the side, pick up off your
- 4. Pause your piece.
- Still in right hand, hold straight up
- 5. let you piece sink in your left hand.
- Hold out your left
hand and place your gun in your left hand, finding a balance point then
releasing your right hand.
- 6. Open your pan.
- 7. pick up your primer.
- 8. prime your piece.
- Pore out primer into your pan, quickly
- 9. Put down your primer.
- 10. Close your pan.
- 11. Cast off lose grains.
- Placing right hand behind gate
role gun forward or shake forward.
- 12. Blow off lose grains.
- Bring up your gun in front of
your mouth, and blow off any left grains, releasing right hand.
- 13.Cast your piece about.
- In left hand drop the but of
the gun down and a round to the left side. If need be let gun slide
down so mussel is low for ease of loading. But not having the butt to
the ground this should look to be at an inclined angle like so/.
- 14. Pick up your charger.
- 15. Charge your piece.
- With thumb push off cap of charge
- 16. Recover your piece.
- In left hand swing but around and
up to an inclined angle, mussel up butt down.
- 17. Guard your pan.
- With your first two fingers place over
- 18. Blow well your match.
- Lean over blow off ash.
- 19. Pick up your match.
- 20. Set your match.
- Place your match in your cock making
sure it is tight, adjust screw if need.
- 21. Try your match.
- With your right hand reach over grab
the cock pushing down making sure match will land in of pan. Making
sure the right length of match will reach your pan.
- 22. Guard your pan.
- 23. Make ready your match.
- Blow off ash).
- 24. Present your piece.
- Opening your pan and souldering
- 25. Give fire.
- On the word fire, squeeze the sear bar to
bring down the match into your pan.
- 26. Recover your match.
- 27. Clean out your pan.
- With your right finger wipe out
your pan, you may as well use a pick and brush.