Web Site Policies
Site Design Philosophy
- Forms will not be concealed.
- Information from forms and E-mail will be considered confidential unless
specified otherwise (i.e. Publish box checked for Email
- The standard elements will be HTML, text, .gif, .jpg, .png,
midi (.mid) or wave (.wav) files, to remain generally compatible. Other formats
may be added and tested, with notes when needed.
- I will limit my bandwidth usage, and graphics are routinely shrunk, color
reduced, and compressed as much as possible for transmission speed. Pictures
pages are explicitly a bandwidth hog, but will remain svelt compared
to Microsoft sites, with no streaming.
- While bells and whistles be used occasionally for interest and testing,
they will not be allowed to prevent getting the point of the page unless
Java, but no Active-X as it violates security standards.
- Limited items, large, slow, and exceptional items will be identified.
The SiteMap identifies special requirements.
- For ease of use, both for you and in updating, almost all addresses within
the site are relative, so the bookmarks and outline can be used locally
on your hard disk off line.
- As all authors, I need feedback
and I shall review all of it carefully.
- To protect members and Clan MacColin, any material for publication must be
identified as such. If I don't have explicit publication authority, i.e. the
(ADDRF.HTM publish flag, or text) an e-address will
not be published, even when I have a pile of e-mails.
- Permission for non-commercial use of items from this site usually will be
given gratis, provided you ask, and indicate the source.